Just for love of you Jesus
My most precious treasure
Lavished on Thee
Broken and spilled out
And poured at Your feet
In sweet abandon
Let me be spilled out
And used up for Thee

Recently, as I listened to this beautiful song, I was uplifted and blessed. It reminded me of Christ and His love for me, reminded me that all I needed to do was simply … to become broken and spilled out for Him.

Lord You were God’s precious treasure
His loved and His own perfect Son
Sent here to show me
The love of the Father
Just for love it was done
And though You were perfect and holy
You gave up Yourself willingly
You spared no expense for my pardon
You were used up and wasted for me

Sisters, pour out your life for Christ! He spared NO expense to give you eternal life. He, the perfect and only Son of the Almighty God, was sacrificed for our sin. This thought brings me joy and awe. Rest in His love for you, and never cease to dwell on that cherished precious thought. When you remember this, you will become a life spilled out in service for our Savior. That is all He wants! I will close with this thought for you to dwell on:

Broken and spilled out
Just for love of me Jesus
God’s most precious treasure
Lavished on me
You were broken and spilled out
And poured at my feet
In sweet abandon Lord
You were spilled out and used up for … Me.
by Steve Green

Praise the Lord!

My friend Mrs. Lindsey has some some thoughts to share on Christ and His beauty for you this fall.

Fall Colors

Autumn Leaves
& The Beauty of the Lord
by Mrs. Connie Lindsey

The colorful leaves of autumn always bring joy to my heart. I enjoy taking pictures, trying to capture this heavenly beauty, to store away in my picture albums for further enjoyment. I sometimes stop and watch the golden leaves falling and blowing, hoping to tuck away this memory of the creativity of God.

I have a precious memory of my Father-in-law, Delmar and I chasing after leaves, beautiful red leaves, as the rest of the family was shopping in a nearby store. He knew I enjoyed pressing beautiful leaves and using them in our home and Church.

The beauty of the Lord is quite evident all around us. Not only in nature, but also in His provisions of grace, abounding grace. How thankful we should be for God’s loving patience with us. I also see the beauty of the Lord as I read His wonderful Word. The scripture really spoke to my heart this evening. How applicable! I look at the Bible like as a nourishing, satisfying meal.

I am so grateful for my family, and my brothers and sisters in Christ! This too is a gift, a beautiful gift of the Lord. Just as with the leaves, I enjoy preserving memories of my two families.

I find more and more as I get older that life is most beautiful and satisfying as I surrender each area to Christ. All of us have a stubborn will that wants it’s own way. Selfishness is not beautiful.

Righteousness is beautiful, like the various colorful leaves falling from trees. And think of it, the leaves are dead, reminding us that we too should be dead to self, and alive to God.

~Mrs. Connie Lindsey