The Matchless Love of God (March)

marr2016 2

God’s love toward us is simply amazing!

The Scriptures contain the story of God’s love for us, which was demonstrated through the sacrifice of His Son on the Cross.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
(John 3:16)

It is so amazing that God would love us – sinners who have sinned against Him throughout our entire existence. The Bible explains a lot about God’s love. Here are a few characteristics about His love I would like us to ponder.

God’s love is sovereign. He explained this to the Israelites:

“For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people: But because the LORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.”
(Deuteronomy 7:6-8)

God does not choose us because we are good. He loves us simply because that is what He wants to do. What mercy!

God’s love is abiding.

This means that God still loves us no matter what situations we go through or what sins we commit. Because of His abiding love He will save us. The Bible says,

“The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is might; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.”
(Zephaniah 3:17)

God’s love is unalienable. Nothing can ever separate us from the love of our Savior!

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
(Romans 8:35-39)

Jesus also said that we are safe once we are His. “And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand” (John 10:28).

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Bible also tells some things we should do when we realize that God really does love us.

“Because thy lovingkindness is better than life,
my lips shall praise thee.”

(Psalm 63:3)

God does lots of things for us because He loves us. He provides for us in many ways. Some we do not even think about or know about. He gave you that breath that you just took. This should cause us to give Him unceasing praise.

David expressed this well. He said,

“What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou has made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.”
(Psalm 8:4-5)

We are called to be like Christ. Therefore, we as understand how much He loves us, we should walk in His steps and show His love to others around us. Are you and I striving to be loving young ladies? This is a question that makes us search ourselves and our lives.

May we grow to understand the love of Christ for us, and live in the freedom of being His forever. Let’s strive to reflect that love to others in all that we do and say!

What are some ways you can show others love today?

-Guestpost by Abigail L. (12)